Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VY II Calais

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
They look reasonable. I heard when using ib setup to have a high "qts" didn't see it listed on these. I was looking at some rockford fosgate p2 shallow mounts for my parcel shelf they look good too with a high qts. I no expert though.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Ib is infinate baffle meaning no enclosed box And not sure what qts is was just told the higher the better for said setup.

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Just whacked my 12" sub in for now, sounds decent enough.

Need some ideas of some simple mods I can do for the interior to toy with it and muck around a bit, as I'm a tad cash poor until the ute sells.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Try changing all your interior lights to LEDs. Cheap off eBay an they look great.

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Yeah thats one thing I want to do, but I'm not going a super white one, I want to keep a slightly yellow tint to them. My eyes are a tad light sensitive.

Also want to look into different headlights.

Not sure what the best headlight globes I can go for within the law. I have projector headlights so I don't know if that makes things easier to get away with..

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Narva or Phillips do headlight globes without going hid I've never used then so not sure on how bright they actually are or if there a more for looks kinda thing. Pretty sure you can get "warm white" LEDs that arnt as bright as straight white ones.

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Are HID legal in a projector? It's all very confusing because so many people run high powered headlights with no issues and others always seem to have problems.

Just want to be able to see properly at night and in the wet too.

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
Yeah, ive got HID in my projectors. Theyre better in projector than reflector as its easier to get scattered light in a reflector and it can glare people lol. I have my low/high and fogs all HID's and the Fogs do scatter glare people a bit i always get high beamed lol then i high beam them with my HID highs and blind em lol

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Ok so I'm super bored with the lack of nuts in it already, my VS was so much faster (I'm not a ######## on the road but through the rev range the ute would keep pulling and this runs right out of puff)

Potential plans (when ute sells and gotten through the missus 21st birthday shenanigans)

-Extractors
-Manta/Redback catback (with both muffler and resi)
-CAI
-1.9:1 Roller rockers
-3.46 LSD (If I can pick one up second hand)
-PCM Tune

Will do the above in stages and see how much it lifts performance. Yeah I know that everybody would be saying just drop in an 8 yada yada, and in a couple years i will. But for the next three years I need to keep it a six as my girlfriend will still be on p's when I go onto full license and I need her to be able to drive my car.

So i'll leave the tune til last, but the added power of the roller rockers, the full exhaust and the tune should help a fair bit. Perhaps even a basic shift kit too just to firm up the gear changes.

Expecting a decent gain over stock power and the delivery should be nice and smooth.

When my time as a six banger comes to an end ill either strip it out and sell the running gear then buy a LS1 and rebuild it and slide it in, or just go buy a SS or a Clubsport. Guess it's always the pipedream!