Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Samsung s10+ and Mylink

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6
I’ve just updated to the Samsung s10+ and tried to play music via the USB C cable in my 2016 SSV Redline, but getting no files found message. I’m new to android, so I’m fumbling my way around. Do I need a specific music app for it to work? I haven’t tried Bluetooth connection yet, so hopefully won’t run into issues there either. I’ve come across previous threads regarding older phones, was wondering if there were issues with Pie 9. TIA

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
When my Android phone (an ASUS Zenfone 3) is connected by USB cable to MyLink, a message comes up on the phone asking if I want to share files. I tap 'Yes' and lo and behold! MyLink can then find my music files.

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6
When my Android phone (an ASUS Zenfone 3) is connected by USB cable to MyLink, a message comes up on the phone asking if I want to share files. I tap 'Yes' and lo and behold! MyLink can then find my music files.
Yeah, I’m getting Allow access to phone data message on the phone, but when I press “allow”, mylink comes up with “no music files found”.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
In what format are your music files? MP3?

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Ah, well that might your problem. MyLink only recognises the most common file types. Consult your handbook.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
why not play via Bluetooth? if all your music is in the samsung music app, just play through that via Bluetooth, mine swapped over straight away easily when I got my s10+

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6
why not play via Bluetooth? if all your music is in the samsung music app, just play through that via Bluetooth, mine swapped over straight away easily when I got my s10+
I’ll try that, I assumed audio quality wasn’t as good over Bluetooth

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I’ll try that, I assumed audio quality wasn’t as good over Bluetooth
it's awesome, especially if you go to your sound settings, advanced, quality and effects then to adaptive sound and add a new profile and go through the sound prompts and it will taylor a sound for your ears, I did it with my headphones in and it picked up some good mid range and low end through my bose redline system