Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sandman sound system help, desperate

Ryan.mate

ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss sandman 5.7
Hey i need help to know what else i need for this to work, i like heavy metal and this is what i have already

4 Mb quart premium line pce 216 6.5 components with 4 split boxes and 4 tweeters ( all mb quart)

i know i need two 10in subs and was thinking
2 Mb quart pwe 252 10in max rms 800

I dont know what amp(s) i will need or wiring

Please help!

thanks=)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
MB Quart do some pretty nice splits, but i wouldn't go as far as recommending them for the subs. Fair enough if you want to stick all to the same brand, but the problem with that, is some brands do good subs, others do good amps, other for speakers ect.. My setup consists of 6 different brands. For the money, There are better subs on the market.
As for the wiring, that will also come down a lot as to what type of head unit you have, and the amount of pre-outs available. As far as bang for your buck goes with amplifiers, i'd personally have to reccomend Jaycar amps. Something to note though, when matching the power output of the Jaycar amps to your components, Jaycar measure the amps Continous and peak power outputs at 14.4V. You'll need a 4channel to run your 216 6.5's, and at least one Mono Block amp for the subs, although depending on your budget, i've always preffered to individually amplify each sub. If your going to run 3 amps, it would be very worthwhile installing a capacitor. ( This stores power, much like your car battery,and help's ensure that their is sufficient power being given to the amps without straining your battery) Wiring and instalation can make or break a set up, so with regards to what wiring you'll need, this can really only be determined once all of your other components have been purchased.

Ryan.mate

ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss sandman 5.7
Pm sent! cheers, i checked jaycar but they havent got much online, how about rockford fosgate or jl audio? could you reccomened some amps (mono 1000watts, )(4channel ?watts?) and subs (10")

Ryan.mate

ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss sandman 5.7
okay my plan is this,
1x rockford fosgate t400-4 channel amp 100rms at 2ohms x4

1x soundstream pcx1500d mono 1100rms at 2ohms or 4ohms at 800rms

1x soundstream t5 10" sub matched with the mono soundstream amp

4x mb quart component 6.5" component speakers with 4 split boxes and 4 matching tweeters

Ryan.mate

ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss sandman 5.7
Delete please