Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandman's R33 Skyline Drift project

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Got the car back from its tune yesterday and its a totally different beast now. Intense Turbo did a wicked job on the tune, now with boost control it made 338kw at the wheels on I think 24 PSI. I took the car for a quick spin up the street before I put it on the trailer and it stepped 3rd just rolling on, on crap tyres admittedly but still. Its quick. The Aim MXG is also wired in too, will post some pics once I get it mounted and a few more things done. With Melbourne's current corona situation, Vicdrifts Winter Matsuri has been pushed back to october which is nice as it gives me a bit more time to get everything done nicely. Below is the list of what I still need to get done before then, so enough to keep me busy.
1QB8E3A.jpg

pbyENhl.jpg

eRMdWdl.jpg

Still to do:

Switch Panel
Rewire start switches
Configure dash - Mackielec
Mount dash
Intercooler mounts - possibly change piping
Mount dashboard to tunnel
Paint Guards
Fit Guards
Weld up boot
Mount wing
Oil & filter change
Resize and fit tailshaft
Paint wheels
Fit Tyres
Buy & paint front bumper

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yeah that too, will get there one day. Hopefully my painting skills can improve a bit with all the parts that need painting.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Fxxk the bonnet ( sorry), as long as it goes like a scoldid cat = (ha ha ha
crap spelling).= I'm finally discovering tourbo)

=( crap spelling)= everyday = car

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah that too, will get there one day. Hopefully my painting skills can improve a bit with all the parts that need painting.

Rattle can matt black ftw.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Nah, using this car to help improve my gun skills. Starting with stuff that matters less and going from there. Wheels, bootlid, guards, side skirts, front bumper then bonnet. By the time I get there I should be ok or have palmed the job off to someone who is haha.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So slowly chipping away at bits on this. I drew up some Wing mounts for my BCL wing (mounts that came with it wouldn't work) in Solidworks and 3D printed on to test its fit. Then had a mate of mine laser cut and bend them up for me. Still need to get the correct sized bolts and repaint all the components but its nearly there. One bolt in just to see how it looks on there.

oEovcIO.jpg

iJBSwYe.jpg

wa3QvsA.jpg

Po8RHSe.jpg

Also started repairing and re-painting these wheels. They're Work wheels, not sure on the model, but they're roughly 17x8+35ish. They were about 3 layers of rattle can black deep so I had them hydroblasted earlier in the year. I then sanded down the gravel rash then added a bit of bog and then sanding back. Then hit them with a few layers of acryllic white through the gun and then a few layers of clear afterwards. Unfortunately quite a few bugs divebombed them in the clear but still reasonably happy with how they turned out. All this done with a cheap gun and paint from supercheap. Next is to paint the wing and the boot.

QO5CfPH.jpg

8ZGkADA.jpg
7ggAq7x.jpg

hqh6mRh.jpg

0hQz7Ye.jpg

R6TjlO7.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Not a lot happening with this atm. Hopefully over christmas will get back into it when I'm done with the F truck. A few months back I gave this its first wash since Winton in Feb and re shuffled my shed so the R33 fitted indoors. In the past this car lives at a mates place, so was nice to have it home and undercover again. Also finally put some tyres on the wheels I painted earlier in the year, makes the white pop really nicely so I'm stoked with how it looks now.

IOgDOsP.jpg

ZImJiq8.jpg

tey3v77.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Made the most of the Black Friday sale and bought myself a rear bash bar. This basically functions as a more heavy duty rear reo and serves as a jacking point which is very handy when you're changing tyres frequently at the track, I got this one from Lead Run Motorsport up in Queensland. Took a little bit of massaging of the rear apron to get it to fit, but otherwise bolted up to the stock pickup points with no real dramas. Can barely be seen with the bar installed too which is nice.

Stock reo
GxFxSt6.jpg

A few years of dirt under there
1G7Wx6P.jpg

All cleaned up
pnMcdVk.jpg

Mounted
hiFI6Mm.jpg

Barely seen through the bar. Number plate mount had to go and a little trimming near the jack point but thats it.
mg83s22.jpg

Works well, my jack barely fitted under the diff, so this will be much easier
f7cJN8P.jpg