Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandmans' VC SL

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So instead of spending my week studying for uni exams, I spent it buying another car. Its in fairly good nic overall, only a couple of small patches of rust I've found on it and it drives really nicely. I drove it an hour Back from Abbotsford and had no problems at all. Plans for it is giving it a full service putting it on club rego and cleaning it up a bit while keeping it all period correct and just driving it.

Car: Holden VC SL
Year: May 1980
Engine: Blue 202
Trans: 3spd trimatic Auto

20140604_132627.jpg

20140605_170541.jpg

20140606_142107.jpg

Then I spend the afternoon moving the **** off the floor of the garage so I could fit this and the ute in.
20140606_161129.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Then I will have even less money than I have now lol. Keen on a 4 speed conversion, possibly then SLE wheels and a very slight lowering. Eventually (bloody long way away at my rate) a small cam and a bit of engine work. Now think of this over like a 2-3 year timeline haha.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Then I will have even less money than I have now lol. Keen on a 4 speed conversion, possibly then SLE wheels and a very slight lowering. Eventually (bloody long way away at my rate) a small cam and a bit of engine work. Now think of this over like a 2-3 year timeline haha.

You'll get carried away and the 2-3 years will turn into 12 months. Ask me how I know!

The 202's are a fun engine to play with. I put a cam with too much duration in my last one and it just chewed through fuel although it went really well.

Google precision international and get your parts from there, such a good place to get parts as long as you know exactly what you need, since they don't have any actual stores and everything you buy comes straight out of their warehouse.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Thats why I'm not going to do anything to the paintwork really other than giving it a good polish as I know with the way I am it would quickly snowball into a bare metal respray haha.
I can get gear at half decent prices from Precision/rocket etc. through work luckily so when I get to that point I should be set.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Also Sab this is the Cruise I was telling you about at PM the other week.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yarra-Valley-Chrome-Bumpers/210426505780333
To anybody else in South East Melbourne come along and have a look, its a great night and raises money for the local CFA. Usually around 120-150 car rock up and its a very friendly event. I'm normally there taking photos, but plan is to have this registered and participating in time for the July one.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yeah, joined that group on facebook.

Will probably go to the next one considering i could walk to the bunnings if i wanted to. :p

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Sweet as, I'll only be going to the BP leg of next week as I'm working but I'll hopefully do both legs with the VC in July.

TUFF*83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SLE 308
Wow what a catch, it's in great nick for its age. Is it your intention to use it as a daily driver? If not you could look into historic rego, cheap as chips and the car is in original unmolested condition by the looks of it

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Very nice, I'm looking for a early six banger as a daily so I don't have to put a heap of kms on my VB. How much did you pick this up for? If you don't mind me asking.