Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandmans' VC SL

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Hmm bummer, not overly keen to have to change the mounts that and not having a welder here to play with so I might see if I can trade this off for a sedan one. I'm aware its wider but I'm only planning on putting SLE's on it so clearance shouldn't be too much of a problem if I roll the guards.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
lol, sorry if i got narky, its a bit of a sore spot:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vk-vz-stereo-wiring-colours.14909#post1112575

raised the question in 2009, never got an answer, never got a diagram to show the circuit, just always believed there was no wire.

its not for a lack of trying. i dont doubt that it works, cos' i had a HJ that you turned the ignition backwards and it just made the radio work, but this VK drove me INSANE for months trying to find it.

lol, you asked the question a month before I joined up :poke:
should have held out a bit longer and I could have answered for you back then and saved you the headaches. Who knows, you might have kept the VK!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Hmm bummer, not overly keen to have to change the mounts that and not having a welder here to play with so I might see if I can trade this off for a sedan one. I'm aware its wider but I'm only planning on putting SLE's on it so clearance shouldn't be too much of a problem if I roll the guards.

it's a bit of mucking around for sure
not really worth it when VN-VS sedan diffs are readily available and cheap

not sure how much luck you'll have swapping it, but you could probably sell it easy enough and just pick up a VN-VS sedan diff
I can't believe how much money they are asking now for 10 bolt Salisbury LSD diffs! Almost as much as they are charging for a VL turbo/V8 LSD.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Out of interest on the BW's how do the shock mounts vary from sedan to wagon/ute? I'm having a look on google and ebay to try and see the difference and just going round in circles lol.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Out of interest on the BW's how do the shock mounts vary from sedan to wagon/ute? I'm having a look on google and ebay to try and see the difference and just going round in circles lol.

unfortunately all live axle Commodore utes and wagons differ from the sedan as far as the shock mounts go.....

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
How do they differ though, different size, location, angle or? Just comparing to a VL borgy on ebay and the mount looks the same as on mine as far as I can tell. Just trying to get a better understanding of the difference so I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
difficult to find good pics, but hopefully below will be adequate to demonstrate the differences

wagon diff, note the mounting stud and the different shaped mount
$(KGrHqFHJDUFC(jdbD)WBQqZe0YeOQ~~60_35.JPG

a close up of the ute/wagon diff shock mount
$T2eC16FHJIYE9qUcNT11BQqZe9p--Q~~60_12.JPG

sedan diff - note the shock mount brackets
$_57.JPG

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Ripper Darren, says I can't add any more rep to you. Going by that then I have a sedan diff rather than a ute one which is good news to me.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
and not having a welder here to play with so I might see if I can trade this off for a sedan one.
mate id be happy to weld it for you. see if you can find a better option but if all else falls short, fire me a PM.

you might have kept the VK!

lol no chance, once i was done getting the engine breathing it was only a matter of time till i lost my licence and prolly the car too. mate, there is something intensely amazing about a car thatll spin up the rears at 100kmph on the freeway just by kicking down a cog. i do regret not cleaning the engine bay and wiring a bit more before flogging it. but the day it sold i was pretty happy with how it looked and performed.

anyway, bigger and better.