Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandmans VZ Maloo R8

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Series 1 looks a lot better externally with flat hard lid & colouring etc but Series 2 had some better options

Had been looking for manual sillver or white series 2 R8 for ages then gave up on idea(too many cars)

Also liked idea of 6l80 conversion supposedly possible with series 2 cars.

These were like the holy grail of a daily for me back in the day just too damn expensive yet still wanted one after 7 years with modded vy ss ute.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
No massive updates but finally some interior photos. Finally put my piano black and finished off the suede in today. Looks so much better than the fugly silver they come stock with.See googled photo for comparison. Also re-routed the stereo leads too, so I have a USB of music in the glovebox and the cord for my phone to allow for Android Auto comes out in the center console and basically looks factory. I just need to change the globe to a LED in there now. Also had a headlight go the other day so decided it was time for an upgrade so got some JW Speaker LED's which seem to be performing well so far and look great. Got a good workout driving up in the hills in the rain last night and the vision is good.
0RrAwZB.jpg
Ro7JDuo.jpg

u4e53Pj.jpg

q7wagOU.jpg

Comparison with the Phillips White vision's that came out.
yNLZzLa.jpg

HvXKgR2.jpg

qWMUeYI.jpg

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
yep black is best, have you got black air vents too? cant tell

u also got black pillars lucky bugger

where you get your leather door inserts, hard to find

cant you paint your bumper mesh black?

some 303 protectant spray will get it all up look mint black :) $28 bucks a bottle though grrr

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yeah, got black vents too, the leather door inserts and black upper half of the interior were factory with the R8 Maloo. I've added the Door trims and other trims with the suede from a Calais though. The bumper mesh will get done in black eventually, I just don't want to pull the bar off again to do it.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So I am grabbing some AP 6/4 Piston brakes in a couple of weeks from Surfwagon up in Sydney. So will be selling the Harrop 4 piston brakes and DBA gold series rotors for $3500 if anyone is interested or knows anyone who may be, put them on to me.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
you need to fit a whirligig to the intake and a front mount intercooler then it'll look killa brah and you'll be slayin'

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
you need to fit a whirligig to the intake and a front mount intercooler then it'll look killa brah and you'll be slayin'

Don't we all.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Don't encourage me. My wallet needs to recover from your last suggestion.... That said the next few months will be the perfect time to do bigger upgrades to this...

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
This sort of whirlygig would go alright one day
pIquYsr.jpg