Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandmans VZ Maloo R8

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Some more signage photos at Barry Bourke Berwick.
Also my throttle body one day decided to pack up which was fun, managed to source a new one as there was no used ones available that I can find. Not really most exciting way to spend $1000 but its not great fun when your daily driver isn't working and all the other toys either aren't running or road legal haha.
2JR3pse.jpg

Fq3eVQu.jpg

AvQ5kME.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Does anyone have any recommendations for insurance where I won't get absolutely reamed? Currently with Shannons and they are charging me $2200 p/a even with a multi policy discount. With only one fine in 8 years of driving its a bit rich. Too add insult to injury they only 'value' it at $22,000, when the cheapest on VZ R8 manual on carsales Australia wide is $40k....

Lumleys won't touch me because I'm under 30 and Famous in 2 years couldn't work out how to get my name right on invoices so I won't be using them again either. Any other suggestions welcomed.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Sorry not a recommendation more a suggestion try NRMA = they do collectable/ specialty vehicle insurance .
I've never had luck with them ( I'm with shannons) but can only try!!!
Unfortunately you're in the young / ratbag age group and it's a daily.= can't win even if not the norm.
Still doesn't account for low valuation .
My mates LC torrie S 2 door ( we only had this conversation a couple of weeks ago).
Not quite sure how long ago he had this conversation= quessing more than a year ago but he was really pissed
= LC 2 door Torrie , not stock but nothing out of the ordinary 202 with a 5 speed in great nick = $25k = I'm going WTF = a stock 4 door in same condition is worth at least close two double that.
A couple of weeks ago I rang Shannons wanting to up the the insurance on the CV8 Monaro expecting and maybe a disagreement AT $55k ,
they go anywhere between $40k and $60k.
So to put some of this in perspective the CV8 Monaro is not stock , it's also insured on extreme limited use = so expected to be used only every 2 weeks /or about 4k a year.
I have 4 x 4 wheeled vehicles plus the house is insured with them.
The big difference I'm 59 = it costs me $904 a year = but if it was on / available club rego that bill would be extorninaly expensive

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah man due to your age you'll be grabbing ya ankles every year insurance time untill 30'ish.

At 25 modified vy ss ute daily with 1pt on licence & speeding offences it $2700 for first year with 27k value....now early 40's with full points & 'decent' driving history it's $1200'ish for 70k value...1 heavily modified yet limited use & other car just a roller on laid up with Shannons.

Each year car value goes up & insurance quote gets tad lower untill full no claim or whatever bs they sprout...but yeah with Shannons too.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Its just such a weird contradiction with Shannons, with my club permit cars they're great. Every years the value goes up and the price goes down. With the Maloo they just lower the value each year even in a time when the values of these are skyrocketing.

Found out Ryno won't touch me, RACV offered me a value of $12k. So I will try enthusiast tomorrow otherwise I'll have to try my luck upping my value with Shannon's I guess.

Had a thought though, since insurance as a female is always cheaper, if I tell them one of those gender confused idiots would my premiums come down? :rolleyes:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Ah well, 30's only 4-5 years away? :rolleyes:

How about another daily? Could probably get your premium down to $400 or so for limited use then buy a shitter for the $1800 difference, prob find something with reg too

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yeah 4ish years. Nah even on extreme limited use its $1700 or there abouts. I also have no interest in buying a shitter, I have a nice comfortable car to drive, not have it just sit in the garage. Plus another set of rego and insurance negates any real savings anyway.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah 4ish years. Nah even on extreme limited use its $1700 or there abouts. I also have no interest in buying a shitter, I have a nice comfortable car to drive, not have it just sit in the garage. Plus another set of rego and insurance negates any real savings anyway.
So here’s how it goes - I kinda just need you to buy more cars so that I feel better about my own yard ornaments.