Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SAPOL fleet to move from ZB 2021?

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
Just wondering if there is any news with SAPOL fleet cars, since the the latest news with the announcement from Holden?

I haven't heard or read anything.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I wonder if they will move to the GT Stinger or the BMW like some states?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I know a couple of long standing members of the NT Police and they said the ZB was the absolute worst patrol cars they've ever had.

Transfer case issues on AWD models, transmission issues and electrical issues. They can't wait to get rid of them and feel sorry for the future owners.

They had trialled the Stinger about 12 months ago and had nothing but positive things to say about it. They also tried BMW 5 series models which didn't make it through a day of testing without the car going into limp home mode.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
They would have flogged them over a lot of non tar seal roads in the NT.
Maybe the v6 zb is a tar sealed road only queen.
How is your v 6 going badgerdog. That road down to the Titirangi coffee shops would certainly be tarsealed eh?

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
The police will trash any car. I worked at a Ford dealer for 6 months in 2006 and made a lot of money from repairing police cars. The poor old Falcon divvy vans were so overweight they would rip one of the engine mounts out causing the top radiator hose to fail. Exhaust systems would get ripped off on a weekly basis and diff failures were constant especially in the vans. If it could be broken the cops would break it.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Just wondering if there is any news with SAPOL fleet cars, since the the latest news with the announcement from Holden?

I haven't heard or read anything.
They have a bit of ZB stock (like they had a fair few VF ordered) they seem to like the Camry, Kia and using klugers a lot now.