Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saving fuel, ideas?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
What do you call bad fuel consumption? - it may be normal. I usually add 47l every 300-350km in town and the same litres for 600km cruising at 110kph on long runs.
If I'm pedalling hard I may only get 250km for the same litres.

Well I only got me P's on Monday and I had done 360kms by Friday lol I was taking the long way to get places, catching lights, making a bit of noise with the exhaust (like a good red p-plater lol). After 360kms the fuel take went from full to nearly on the second bottom line.

It may be alright fuel consumption but i was just trying to find a way to make it better i guess. Was hoping for someone to suggest an air filter or something cos then my car would be a bit faster too. lol

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Well I only got me P's on Monday and I had done 360kms by Friday lol I was taking the long way to get places, catching lights, making a bit of noise with the exhaust (like a good red p-plater lol). After 360kms the fuel take went from full to nearly on the second bottom line.

It may be alright fuel consumption but i was just trying to find a way to make it better i guess. Was hoping for someone to suggest an air filter or something cos then my car would be a bit faster too. lol

have a look at some of the MACE prodcuts mate, i use a fair few of there mods and was real pleased with them

Dinwoodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Forester GT, ET Turbo Pulsar, VS 5.0L Ute
If your doing alot of short runs around town mate, its a good idea to let the car warm up for a few mins first before you leave home, my old ecotec was stupid on fuel but i always managed to get better km's just by letting it warm up before i started driving.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM

Doing things like that will use more fuel.