Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saving weight

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
i'll say to you the same thing i told my mate who wanted to get a better power to weight ratio ......" eat less"

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Looking at your "my ride thread" this is what you can afford to lose:

ICE:
- JVC DV4406 DVD source unit
- Flip out 7" monitor
- Clarion splits up front
- Clarion XM 1500 series 600w 15" subwoofer
-Clarion 400w RMS monoblock amp
Blue footwell neons
Red underbody neons
S-pac bodykit and spoiler

On the plus side I see you have already taken off the badges - every bit counts!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
damn theres a few morons in this thread. VTs are one of the heaviest commodores, so why shouldnt he be able to ask how to lose weight from it? mortons car probably weighed similar to a VT, yet he got his down to 1400kg, losing over 100kg from it. have a read of his thread for a few good ideas

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Damm straight, loose 100kgs (entirely possible and most of use with budget VN/P/Qs have) it makes a big difference over another car with the same power. In handling, weight transfer acceleration, braking etc everything.

Body deadner is at least 30kgs prolly 40 in a VT. Spare wheel is 19-22. Air conditioner is at least 40 kgs

-Michael-

Ooh Yeah.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
Cheers guys, good to hear that i'm not the only one who thinks some of the people in this thread are useless :D

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
So what is this body deadener everyone is talking about? This thread inspired me to get some weight out of my car (better fuel economy too).

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
the tar stuff that you will find underneath your carpet. stuck to the cars body. it will make the inside of your car louder, but i dunno by how much. foam or morton can answer that one

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
the tar stuff that you will find underneath your carpet. stuck to the cars body. it will make the inside of your car louder, but i dunno by how much. foam or morton can answer that one

Thanks, so looks like i will need to take the carpet out. I was going to update my carpeting, looks like i have a weekend job planed out.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Cheers guys, good to hear that i'm not the only one who thinks some of the people in this thread are useless :D

We not useless just dont see a point in it.. All that work to gain what a extra 0.000003 sec on the 1/4 mile time and save 0.00000000000000000000001 of a cent in fuel each year.

Removing the body deadner will make the car transmit sound into the cab so much louder and for what so it weighs less......