Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saving $$$ with engine flush

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Just saved a heap of $$$ by using some engine flush on my 91 VN V8. I changed the oil one day and this horrible noise failed to stop when I fired it up. Souded like a knock from the crank I was told by a spanner man. Crank out regrined.....I felt a bit sick. I was then told to use a flush and it would fix most of the noise. 1 hour later the engine was fine. Save around $1000.00.

The flush stuff was $15.00

Hope this helps !! It did for me.:)

H

HATER VP

What flush did you use??
I always use Nulon Engine Flush. Will even boost compression, Dissolves sludge in the engine, Frees up piston rings, basicly cleans out the oil system.
You can buy Stop Smoke which is really good. Not only "Stops Smoke" but also quitens down the engine because it is really thick.
Nulon are now making engine oils. The guys with VN-VP with over 200km should really be using Shell Older Engine Oil.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I use Nulon engine flush also.
I get i slight knocking when the car is warm and driven then stopped, When you go back to it say 10min later it will knock and clonk for 10sec then stop.
I just say it's old age 300,000km+ old age:D. But i still use Castrol GTX-2. Never makes a sound when driving it.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just went to Sprint auto parts and asked for some engine flush. The motor is as quiet as a V8 can be with one muffler. Much better noise than the knock and lifter noise it had developed. I'll give the bloke a 6 pack next time I see him for his advice. The car was only moments away from major overhaul. Some days you are just lucky.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
You guys do realise Engine flush is diesel, some had a few additives but diesel will do the same job.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well Deisel will cost the same amount anyway!! the flush was $10.00

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it was...$11.95. Dug around the bin with a stick...Sorry! - and it was Wynnes I think!