Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Say one thing, do another: 5 years support, not 10...

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
No, but there'd be a lot of dealers trying to expand the other brands they sell, and still servicing those other brands so they'll still have a mechanic's workshop. The couple of times I've been into the near-ish Holden dealer for recalls, I've been the only Holden customer among the Hyundai majority.

The stealer I used just sent me a email regarding this and saying they will continue to offer service work and also adding 2 Chinese car brands (Great Wall and Haval) to their dealership...

Not exactly filling me with confidence there.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
That's not what I'm implying but the existing agreements are no good when they specify things such as new car showrooms, access to new car inventory etc.

Not sure what net profit was though, I didn't see any other department's loadout of expenses.

With the way the car industry is going, you'd have to think that days of having huge yards with large amounts of stock (ie overheads) on hand are drawing to a close. People are moving more and more towards convenience and online buying, and you can get a very good idea of what a car is all about by looking at it on a computer screen.

I can foresee each major brand having centralised depots of sorts around the country where an interested person can find a car they like online, have it brought to them or perhaps go there themselves with a fixed price tag if you decide to buy (trade in depending of course) The whole haggling over the price is so antiquated as well.

The sheer cost of the current way of doing things must be huge, and from I understand that's why a lot of car shows have significantly downscaled or disappeared entirely, they simply became too expensive and really quite irrelevant.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Not exactly filling me with confidence there.

To be fair, in larger areas where all of the other mainstream brands have a presence, they really will have to take what they can get or shut down.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Gross profit by itself has no meaning.