Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Say one thing, do another: 5 years support, not 10...

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Big Red VF-SII Go-kart, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Mayuri Krab

Mayuri Krab Member

Members Ride:
    VF series 2 SSV Redline, R33 Skyline GTS-T

The stealer I used just sent me a email regarding this and saying they will continue to offer service work and also adding 2 Chinese car brands (Great Wall and Haval) to their dealership...

Not exactly filling me with confidence there.

2. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), '00 Magna, '17 Carnival
    With the way the car industry is going, you'd have to think that days of having huge yards with large amounts of stock (ie overheads) on hand are drawing to a close. People are moving more and more towards convenience and online buying, and you can get a very good idea of what a car is all about by looking at it on a computer screen.

I can foresee each major brand having centralised depots of sorts around the country where an interested person can find a car they like online, have it brought to them or perhaps go there themselves with a fixed price tag if you decide to buy (trade in depending of course) The whole haggling over the price is so antiquated as well.

The sheer cost of the current way of doing things must be huge, and from I understand that's why a lot of car shows have significantly downscaled or disappeared entirely, they simply became too expensive and really quite irrelevant.

3. Smashfist

Smashfist Active Member

Members Ride:
    440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
    To be fair, in larger areas where all of the other mainstream brands have a presence, they really will have to take what they can get or shut down.

4. immortality

immortality Can't live without smoky bacon! Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    Gross profit by itself has no meaning.