Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saying goodbye to your Car

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
So, i've just finished cleaning up my VN and getting everything ready to be handed over tomorrow to the dealer that im trading it into & whilst i was doing it i couldn't help but feel a bit sad at the fact as of tomorrow morning she won't be mine anymore. I should be happy as i am trading up to a VY SS (and i am happy) but nether the less a bit of sadness too.

The VN was my first serious car that i have owned and has been good to me for about 6 years now. Just thought i would see what others thought on the subject? Normal or am i just plain weird hahaha.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
normal, well for me anyways, I always feel sad. My VN was really awful as it was written off 3 weeks after I said goodbye.....

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I think it's perfectly normal to feel sad when letting a car go. Especially if you've had it for quite a few years. I remember the first car I truly remember was a VN(?) berlina and I was only about 10 when we sold it. Sad to see it go. (Yes, I see the irony in not knowing the car's model I truly remember. I was to young to tell)

My mate recently just sold off his old tarago and said he was sad to see it go too. The car becomes apart of the family IMO.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Its not just saying goodbye to a physical object, its also the memories of times that were had involving the car. Family trips, naughtiness, fun times in general etc.... lots of memories in a vehicle....

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
nah its normal, i always feel weird after i sell a car. its worse when you know the fete of one of your previous cars ( my old falcon was written off within a month of changing owners :()

i used to see my first car still runnin around the riverland and it always used to bring a smile to my face knowing its still going and its being looked after.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Its always a sad moment. When i traded in my VS i spent about 4 hours cleaning it. Just to spend time with it haha. It was sad, finding little memories all through the car.

I saw it about a month ago (when ever top gear live was on in sydney) I was coming back from Melbourne Airport. It was on stockies at the back and 17" inters on the front. Massive dent in the pass side 1/4 panel and a dumped. Made me very sad.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yep, another one here who is sad when having to sell or get my vehicle written off! That always sucks, especially when it's written off and it's not your fault! I feel sorry for a mate of mine with a VL that had that happen to him last week, hit in the rear! I saw the pics and broke the news to him that it will be a write off. Insurance company will probably take another week to tell him that.

When you find out a car's being crushed too it's sad!

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Hmm, well it seems like everyone feels the same way...Yeah, as i was cleaning it up was finding bits and pieces and thinking "ahh i remember when i dropped that.....Good times!) Definately feels like part of the family is going. Just hope whoever ends up with it looks after it, they are going to get a damn good car & heaven help them if i see it being flogged or trashed somewhere. might just follow them & tell them to be a bit nicer to it.....haha imagine some guy coming up to you and blasting you for treating "his" car poorly. LMAO :D

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
lol, yeah, i dont know if the previous owner of my car would be happy or sad. oh well. lol.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
My previous owner better not see me! He's from NSW and i'm in VIC! Would be kinda a bit weird!

Not sure if they'd be happy with what i'm doing to the car. But i'm making it run better, so i'd guess so and taking really good care of it.