Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SBC / 350 Chev Conversion for VB/VC/VH/VK

Bread_Money

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has gone through a SBC conversion with a VB/VC/VH/VK?

I would normally just go for a stroked 308, but I have a good VH and a fairly hot 383 SBC and turbo 350 sitting around and wanted to throw together a fun car.

P.S this wont be registered if that helps.

Cheers

sportsedan4

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore
Hi am in the middle of the same conversion.Alot of work with exhaust,starter position and steering but it will provide great fun.Ive put a 500hp 383 and t400 in.Take a look at where im up too.Also installing complete autometer gauges,electric speedo and so on.Fuel cell in boot.Plenty of carbon fibre.

Attachments

• P1010034.jpg
    P1010034.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 12,334
  • P1010031.jpg
    P1010031.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 5,108
  • P1010092.jpg
    P1010092.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 6,453
  • P1010094.jpg
    P1010094.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 8,093
Last edited:

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR caprice 5ltr, VK group 3 rep 5ltr
how much has it cost you as far as fitting goes? have you had to get anything made up or are there off the shelf parts? im looking at puttin a 350 chev in my VK. was the fuel cell optional or do you need it?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yeah Id like to know abit more, as its come up a few times on the forum.

What parts did you use, off the shelf (where from), fabrication (what needed fabrication) etc, any other issues, such as clearence, other mods other then what you have already listed.

Legal side of it. Engineers, Engineers requirements, Emissions, Id imagine for it to be street legal the emissions side of it would be hard?

Also how much have you spent so far/expect to spend.

Just more info really is what I want as its come up a few times, but it seems no one on here (me included) has no knowledge on this conversion.

ILLICIT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH
I brought a VH with a 350 Chev already fitted. It uses the CRS conversion kit but apparently the remote oil filter would leak badly at high revs. so the previous owner removed it and fitted a gear reduction starter motor back on the RH side to get around the problem.

But of course now the CRS tri-y's won't fit so the RH side now uses a corvette 4 into 1 extractor. Going to have custom 4 into 1's for both sides made up one day.

Another problem with the kit is that the spacers lower the K-Frame 44mm. so effectively lowering the control arm pivot points by the same amount. How this will affect handling I'm not quite sure haven't driven it enough yet.

Damo14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Hi am in the middle of the same conversion.Alot of work with exhaust,starter position and steering but it will provide great fun.Ive put a 500hp 383 and t400 in.Take a look at where im up too.Also installing complete autometer gauges,electric speedo and so on.Fuel cell in boot.Plenty of carbon fibre.
Hi mate I have a vk commodore with a 383 in it and I am looking for someone who has done the same and got it mod plated

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi mate I have a vk commodore with a 383 in it and I am looking for someone who has done the same and got it mod plated

Don't think he'll reply after being away from the forum for 12 years

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
There is a fella on here up in QLD who has done one recently. Yellow one, can't remember his name though. But if you have a search you should find it, not sure if it was mod plated, but was done very nicely.