Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sc14 on a Vn v6 manual is it worth it.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
Hi i am toying weather or not going with a sc14 on my vn v6 manual but i am not sure if its worth doing since i don't want to use a intercooler kit.

Whats the most boost these sc14's can handle with out a cooler and do you need to remove your airconditioner to run a sc14 ?

Also do you require special programed chips and bigger injectors and rising rate fuel regs ?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
with a SC14 you don't really want more then 4-5psi without a cooler as these blowers are fairly in-efficient and create a LOT of heat when over-driven with smaller pulleys.

if your gonna do it, get a kit with the TB in front of the blower as it makes things much easier.

to do it properly you will need to get it tuned. the stock fuel reg will increase pressure with boost on a 1:1 ratio if you leave it connected as per factory setup.

to do it properly you will need to get it tuned. with the stock injectors you should be able to go up to about 3-4psi. contact Delcowizzid about a tune to suit (in a couple weeks time when his xmas/new years hangover wears off :) )

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
How much harder is it to tune a motor for a turbo? The SC14 is common but like said i'd like an efficient forced induction setup. Most use a GT30 35 size or there abouts right?