Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SCA 560 kg engine stand & VN V6 mounting points

Dodgy Malc

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore 3.8 V6
Hi Just Commodore followers
Just got my series 1 VN 3.8L V6 on the garage floor ready for a freshen up. Purchased a SCA 560kg engine stand and offered the plate and 4 fixings legs up to back of block. Due to the block layout have to offset the legs on one side on block as the bloody starter dowel is in the way. See attached photo for how I've got it mounted. I've circled where I got my 4th leg mounted. Never used a stand before is there any issues cantilevering block like this off 4 bolt points? Or should I support front of block with a timber leg? Any advice appreciated as I'm sure many of you have been there done that before.
Cheers Malc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210801-224742.png
    Screenshot_20210801-224742.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 136

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will be fine, doesn't really matter how you mount it. No need to support the front either.

Dodgy Malc

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore 3.8 V6
It will be fine, doesn't really matter how you mount it. No need to support the front either.
Cheers for taking the time to reply its appreciated. I did buy better grade bolts (10.9)to mount it to the block.
Much appreciated cheers Malc

Heavy VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt V6
I cut my stand shorter to account for the dowel, as my stand will only ever be used for my ecotec.

Dodgy Malc

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore 3.8 V6
I cut my stand shorter to account for the dowel, as my stand will only ever be used for my ecotec.
Thanks for taking the time to reply its appreciated. I did think of doing that but I have a Mopar V8 that needs some work in the future. Its a pity the SCA stands dont slot the plate as well for more flexibility with adjusting the arms. Thanks once again for the advice cheers Malc