Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scan tool Or Software

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Question for VY V6 owners Whats is worth the money a scan tool or just buying the cables to use with a laptop Scan tool's seem a bit pricey compared to using a laptop which i can do. Also ive heard some horror story's of some things not even working as the vy is ALDL not OBD2?? Cheers

mccar13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 Evoke Wagon & VF S2 SSV Redline Wagon
That ebay lisiting just looks like you can view information from your car. oes anyone know of any software for laptops that acts like a propper scan tool, where you can clear codes, access the bcm and i know come can ever program keys??? Thanks

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Believe you need a Tech 2 Scan tool to do all that.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
I purchased a proper ex closed down GM Dealer Service Dept (USA) Tech 2 Scan tool via Internet Ebay , - The only problem is I am having trouble getting the Australian Holden Commodore software for the Card in it. Does anyone know who to buy the software from . I heard its VERY hard to get????

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
No good!!! I have been down that avenue , this ebay seller cannot supply Holden Commodore software 1999-2010

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I would try and find a standard mechanic and just go ask if they have a tech 2 tool and see if they can get hold of the cards for you and offer a case of beer with it lol