Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scan tools for vy ss (2003)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Let’s me choose 2003 VY V6 but only connection is though diagnostics in body control module BCM in there I can access faults & some data but that’s it in engine transmission or chassis it says no DCL or live data. Car is changing high now to 15.4v not sure if it’s coz ABS fault coming on
You haven't fixed the alternator yet?

A.baker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr v6
Oh sorry I thought you had an SS. Disregard above message then.
Ha ha you should probably sort out that charging issue first even before doing much else. Probably dodgy regulator in alternator but could also be loose/corroded wires at battery or alternator. Your ABS light could even be caused by your overcharging issue and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it went away after you fixed that, may take a few drive cycles. Maybe tackle that first and come back if you still have ABS issues, I’ll gladly talk you thru the paper clip method which doesn’t even require a scantool
Ok thanks I have new alternator on the way & will let you know if it fixes issues. It now says only has fault code 26 abs lost connection & high voltage fault code. Not sure what 26 abs lost connection is but

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Ok thanks I have new alternator on the way & will let you know if it fixes issues. It now says only has fault code 26 abs lost connection & high voltage fault code. Not sure what 26 abs lost connection is but
The ABS module possibly shutdown due to over voltage causing the comms error. Glad you have ordered the alternator, with any luck that’ll fix your problem.