Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

scared - what do you do?

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
everyone feels in control and confident when they are behind the wheel of a car..but when you get into cars as passengers, is there anyone (best mate, friend, relative, workmate, anyone) that when they are driving make you feel that you are gonna prang. you just dont feel comfortable. do you keep your mouth shut or do you say something?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Ifs its my mates I tell em to slow the **** down and stop being an idiot if its someone I don't know ill keep my mouth shut and get out and the nearest opportunity

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Hold tight onto the door handle and pray lol...nah, most of my mates are responsible enough not to try anything stupid when there are passengers in the car, so I consider myself pretty safe when I am with them :)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I don't feel in control and confident when I'm driving, but a bottle of cheap scotch soon fixes that...

Na, seriously I have a few friends who are pretty bad drivers and I've never been able to say anything to them. Well sometimes we joke about it, but I don't think they realise that driving with them can be downright scary

EDIT: It's not the ones who drive too fast or do silly things, it's the ones who don't pay attention and dont notice traffic is slowing til we are almost on the car in fronts bumper, or don't see the old lady pulling out in front of them that worry me the most

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I hate late brakers. Absolutely can't stand them. Yet so many people do it!

I'm a ridiculously early braker myself. The second I catch a sniff of an orange light I'm coasting from over the next hill. I prepate stop a good 5-10 metres before another car, and then roll up closer.

There's only one person I've EVER been into a car with who made me crap my dacks, and that was VN_Luke. But I trust him :p

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I don't care who is driving... I'll tell them off... and if they don't shape up... I'll get out.

Funny story actually... had a bird driving me home once (ages ago back in the day) and she had a crappy lancer thing... she was driving like a lunatic... anyway... told her to slow down or I was getting out... she didn't beleive me... so i ended up opening the door while she was driving and when she pulled up I just got out and walked back to the pub...

But yeah... not going to have a bar of it if someone is putting me in danger... even more so if they ignore me asking them not to drive like an idiot...

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
a mate of mine had a worked xb falcon which did low 14's down the quarter so had some get up and go .... there had been times that i had resigned myself to imminent death in his car and strangly at a young age felt comfortable with that at the time ..... we lived in the country and used to go driving through the mountains very very fast!!

This mate was a capable driver though so usually didnt get too stressed.

One particular night things went too far .... very fast for a long time on a dirt road through the mountains ..... and we were all piping up to say, slow the f**k down .... which he didn't....... next day felt bad about it though and ended up selling the car.

That sale probably saved his life AND ours. Experienced some fast driving in that car and lots of fun .... and luckily survived.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I have a mate who seems to think its cool to drive stupidly in a bog stock v6 vz and everytime i tell him to slow down he just laughed it off. one day as soon as we got out of the car i punched him for being a ****wit. now he doesn't drive me anywhere lol

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I hate being in a car and not driving, I dont feel in control and feel useless pretty much, so I will sit there and backseat drive till I "drive" everyone insane.

If someone is being stupid with me in the car, or even someone I know in the car I will tell them straight out to grow the **** up and not do it. I seem to be pretty imtimidating when I get angry so I guess that works, though people that know Im a fairly gentle person. Only once have I had to get out of a car due to someone being an idiot, and it was a Taxi.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You say something. I've had to for a few mates who like top drive outside their limits.