Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

School Internet Proxy Firewall Bypass

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
School is all about fighting the system. Or at least it was when I was at school all those years ago...

I can understand blocking some keywords and things like that but schools tend to go over the top and block about 90% of the internet. That doesn't help anyone. I found the biggest problem at school was teachers treating the students like children. At high school, you told to act like an adult, but mainly treated like a kid. School is full of double standards.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I once got kicked out of class for the day because I 'got caught surfing the internet'

I had absolutely nothing on my screen, but when the teacher came my way, I clicked frantically at nothing. Out I went.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
My work uses websense and it is extremely well updated and our firewall blocks all ports except standard http, ftp, telnet and SSL, so none of the usual proxy services work. I have my own web server at home and I know you can set up a tunnel that goes through such a thing via an SSL port for example to allow full access through a single port.

If anyone knows how to do such a thing, I've got the hardware to do it, and you're welcome to use it if you can tell me how to make it work!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Heh, they tried to get this thing on the computers at school how you couldn't install applications...

So you just get "portable" versions off the net and run them from your USB stick/mp3 player.

LOL I do that at work still. No one can figure out how I'm doing it. They've seen me using programs that aren't supposed to be on there but each time they look in my PC they can't find anything.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
I got kicked off my schools server for putting on a holden screensaver

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
Haha our school network was one of the least secure networks i have ever seen. It took us about 10 minutes to crack the admin password (which was 5 letters)! And sometimes the internet would be down for a week at a time (great for year 12 work!). Half the class could have done a better job at setting the network up at lunch time. They also charged us 5 cents per printer page but half the times the printers didn't work or jammed and we were still charged 5 cents!!! So the admin would have to refund all of our printing credits!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Having to pay for paper, man that would suck. Come to think of it, I never printed at school, only what we had too.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
go to google and look for free cgi proxies and at my school we found i thikn it was like 250+ most of them got blocked but i just ended up using my home pc as a proxy.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4