Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

School Internet Proxy Firewall Bypass

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Hey folks me and my mates have found a way to get through the schools firewall/proxy. This will come in handy for ppl who go on the internet at school and some sites are blocked ie: user hosted websites etc etc.

It does come with ita limitations, like some java scripts dont work, some Custom Blocks are still blocked but you will find it will work 90% of the time.

It works as an online service, you goto the site below and type in the address you want to visit and then from there everysite u goto has a frame above it with a URL text box to browze with. You dont use your internet browzers URL textbox.

If your still having trouble or discover the site below has been blocked, pm me and i will find another service for you.

http://tools.mangoxl.com/proxy/nph-proxy.cgi

Please note, this may also work with other interstate schools and maybe if your work has a Net Nanny or somthing. I havnt tested it with other states school, i only know it works for sure on South Australias BESS/edSuite school thingo.

Enjoy, Tim

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
oh dear... im a teacher and i really think the kids need to be doing as they are meant to and not fighting the sytem that makes it for them.

having said that it does annoy me when i want to check something on here from work and cant get in!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
nah primary school, general classroom. IT... pfft half the stuff you mentioned up there was like chinese to me.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
lol u shouldnt have to worry then, i didnt even learn to change the screen saver until yr7 (sa)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
lol I found it funny watching the IT dept trying to keep up with patching the ways that us IT students kept finding ways around hehehehe, would have just been easier if they just let us use MSN & be done with it. Silly TAFE!!! lol yes I know, they have to etc... not safe etc.... I know why, but then again I think that we had more fun & I know I learnt alot more by trying to bypass the sytem constantly ;) even showed the lecturers a thing or two ;)

D.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Heh, they tried to get this thing on the computers at school how you couldn't install applications...

So you just get "portable" versions off the net and run them from your USB stick/mp3 player.

TheStateo

master AND commander
Reaction score
Members Ride
96' 5ltr calais
nice......