Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

School zones in school holidays

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
in NSW it states on "school days" which does not include holidays. It does however include "pupil free days" I don't know of anybody being done in school holidays..... i have read about it, but they inevitably get off.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
the lights havent been going on the ones here but it makes me nervous doing 60 through it

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
the lights havent been going on the ones here but it makes me nervous doing 60 through it

It feels weird, but in NSW you've got nothing to worry about during school hols as on the signs it says school days:

28_schoolzonesign.jpg

hope this helps

Oh and SA's rules sound a bit screwy! :p

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
The school up the road from me hasn't changed their sign post to cover up the 40k speed limit. I've been doing 40 just in case but if I do 60k can I get fined?

I'll call a mate from ACT police and ask the question for you.

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
I'm quite fortunate to have one school zone on the trip to work which displays flashing LED lights if the school zone is active.
On the other hand, the second school zone (Sunnyholt Rd, Blacktown), is 70km/h during 'normal' hours. Anyone who mistakenly does the normal speed limit through there is going to get done quite severely. : \