Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scraping Sound When Turning Left

vrooom

Reaction score
Members Ride
International
I just bought an International with a few miles on it - MY09. Great car! I've noticed a scraping sound coming from the back wheel driver side whenever I make sharp left hand turns, round abouts, narrow streets. Does not happen when turning right. Looking under the car, there is a silver cover, looks like part of a tin foil tray, surrounding the muffler. Is this an original part? It doesn't look like it should be there. I"m wondering if this part is creating the noise when coming into contact with the chassie/wheel/strut?

I'm getting it looked at, but just wondering if this shiny silver cover is an original part.

Thanks.

steve01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS COMMODORE
I have a 08 ve ss commodore and the silver stuff is from the factory, check to make sure it is not touching anywhere underneath. Otherwise it could be a shock or a spring problem. Hope this helps you.

vrooom

Reaction score
Members Ride
International
Thanks, it does help!

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I am pretty sure the silver foil looking sheeting under the car is heat protection, i.e Used to protect the chassis/components from the hot exhaust.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
do you have mud flaps on it i drove my mates with the mudfaps on and they scrape the ground on agressive turns