Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Screeching sound when turning full lock on 19's ???

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
hey fellas , just noticed when turning at a u turn this horrible sounding screeching coming from the front end any ideas of what it would be ?? i run 245/40/19's are they scrubbing?
cheers :beer chug:

lebowarrioz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
i have same problem i thought that it was just the size of the tires compared to the stocky 16 have u tried putting ur originals back on..

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
They are scrubbing somewhere. You should be running 35 profile tyres for 19s

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
i have same problem i thought that it was just the size of the tires compared to the stocky 16 have u tried putting ur originals back on..

oh right so its not just me haha :)
um never had originals on there yet cause it came with the 19's but ill be getting some roh mantis 18's n 235 tires so hopefully that will solve the problem .... with the 19's it feels like it has no power steering too....

lebowarrioz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
i first thought that my power steering was gone but i got told that it was normal cause u shouldnt go higher than 18s on a vs get some senators they'll look nice on ur ride

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
i first thought that my power steering was gone but i got told that it was normal cause u shouldnt go higher than 18s on a vs get some senators they'll look nice on ur ride

where abouts would i get them ? from a holden dealer or something?

lebowarrioz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
i got mine of a mate u can get them from tyre joints non original for like 1500 there too expensive from holden

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
mantis rims look pretty much the same as senators just flare out a bit more pretty similar shape n finish wise