Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scuff mark on rear gaurd -How to remove?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Haha must be my time living in the states coming through. I rang holden today and they dont provide touch up paint for any cars with mettalic or pearl paints. Seems logical as it wouldnt come in a single jar being a blue/purple pearl type paint. It just got more expensive I guess. Have to take it to the panel beaters and get a quote. Luckily I caught the bloke when he did it and got his details.

Harley-Davidson Touch up paint comes in a 2 pack, one base coat & one top coat. available for all colours including metallic's, pearls and even Factory custom paint colours. Strange that Holden don't. . . .

Also going by your pictures, I would touch up kit that small patch and buff the area, or the side (or entire car). save your 2k for when some other idiot in a parking lot does you wrong.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Its is pretty **** Holden cant provide any touch up paint apart from solid colours. They told me to go see a panel beater.
It will be covered by insurance but seems to be a huge effort for a small amount of damage. The panel beater told me he has to spray the bumper, quarter all the way over the doors as well as the 2 doors and the sill to get it to blend. But the scratch goes through the paint so it will need some treatment. The paint on panels and plastics is very thin on this car.

xchaser

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore acclam
ive done spray painting at tafe and they wont have to respray the hole side of the car they should be able to blend it in

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
I too would of thought they would only need to spray the affected panel. Being a pearl type colour it may be difficult to match up but more than likely the panel beater just trying to get more money out of the job. He is also going to remove a crease in the bumper bar and touch up a couple stone chips for $100 more. Ive have come to find out the rear door next to it has been resprayed previously. I couldnt tell it had so hopefully the respray looks as good. He said his guide for panel repair and respray is about $500 a panel which seems fair.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
is the only damage what you posted pics of? how many panels is this dude saying he has to paint? looks like a 2 panel job (front guard and bumper bar). 2k for that sounds like someone is milking the insurance...

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
If you've got full comp insurance, make a claim. You should only have to pay your $600ish excess (no other driver related ones since the car was parked when hit) and they will take care of it with you. That's if you're not happy with a touch up and dont want to pay the $2k for a respray on the side.

I've had to do this before when somebody hit my brothers car while outside the house and didnt leave any details. Called up AAMI and they sorted it out.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Yeah the only damage is what ive shown above. Its on the rear bumper and next to it on the rear quater above the wheel. Minimal damage really and im covered completely by insurance for the repair bar the $100 extra for the small bumper repair and touch up. If I wasnt covered I would learn to live with it and touch it up somehow even if i went and got the paint code made up. I am still considering what to do because even though its covered its the hassle of not having it for a week and possibly not matching up right when its done. I am not sure whats involved in the painting process whether its a purple base coat and a blue candy clear or what. I wouldnt think its a one coat process anyway. Its been assessed by insurance and got the go ahead so they must feel it would need to have all the work done to match.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Update: Got the car repaired and looks good. Panel beater only had to do the bumper and rear guard so a bit better than the whole side. Matched up good. If you need panel repairs in southern Sydney got to Executive Smash repair at Taren Pt.

Nathaniel_P

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore S
I've just recently bought a VS series 2 S pack, there were a couple of scuffs and some small patches of missing paint around the bumpers and quarter panel, the colour is the stock black green, I was wondering if I could get touch up paint for this and how much it would set me back?