Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scuff mark on rear gaurd -How to remove?

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Some tool backing into parking spot scuffed my rear guard. It hasnt removed the paint or dented it but applied a white stripe around the wheel well and took a chunk out of the paint on the rear bumper behind it. Is there a method for removing the white paint stripe? I will have to get touch up paint for the rear bumpers as its misiing some paint.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Try some cut and polish to remove the white paint , you may well need a touch up on the bumpers , it's a bit hard to say we cant see the damage

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Plastic eraser will get rid of the white paint

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
All purpose thinners will remove it and won't damage the 2 pack paint.
Are you sure thinners wouldnt eat into it.
As for touch-up paint. Its a colour called Kapow which is a purple blue mettalic which sort of changes colours. I wonder how you could touch it up.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
multi purpose thinner wont hurt the 2k paint. wipe off the white with it and touch up the missing paint.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Cool, will give it a go and show the results. I will give holden a call tomorrow and see if they have a touch up kit for this colour.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
front quarter panel
rear guard

wtf is going on here?!?!? is it opposite day?

Haha must be my time living in the states coming through. I rang holden today and they dont provide touch up paint for any cars with mettalic or pearl paints. Seems logical as it wouldnt come in a single jar being a blue/purple pearl type paint. It just got more expensive I guess. Have to take it to the panel beaters and get a quote. Luckily I caught the bloke when he did it and got his details.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
rear quarter VE SS.jpg20130513_175142.jpgheres the damage. not very serious but will cost $2k to fix apparently. Panel beater said the Kapow colour is hard to blend so need to spray all down the side or something.