Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SD Cards and Digital Cameras

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Just be careful when buying SanDisk Cards off eBay, many are fakes. I personally wouldn't buy one from Ebay, but each their own.

Computer stores, Office Works, Kmart and the like all sell them, and you could probably get them cheaper and atleast know you were buying the genuine item.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Hmm... fair point. I've bought about 4 Sandisk products off eBay so far, and all are genuine, but I'm sure it does happen.

You seem to pay a bit more in Officeworks than you would on eBay, but not so much as to make it unreasonable if you want the extra assurance you're getting good gear.

Comparing that 8GB card Officeworks have the same thing advertised for $56, so about $20 more.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
Hey Sean, all my SD cards i use are sandisk, i have a 4gb in my camera, 2gb i use for music for my Head unit in the car, and a 1gb mini sd, never had a problem with any of them. i have used the mini sd with an adaptor in my camera and that works fine too, i like the idea of having back up space in my car or on my phone if i need it. 4 gig is heaps for photos but i run out of space quick when the camera is dash mounted taking video of cruises. bought the 4gb SDHC at australia post for like under $17 two weeks ago.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Hmm... fair point. I've bought about 4 Sandisk products off eBay so far, and all are genuine, but I'm sure it does happen.

You seem to pay a bit more in Officeworks than you would on eBay, but not so much as to make it unreasonable if you want the extra assurance you're getting good gear.

Comparing that 8GB card Officeworks have the same thing advertised for $56, so about $20 more.

I'm not sure that these are the same cards as you're talking about, but MSY have 8GB SDHC SanDisk for $31, or 16GB Kingstons for $51