Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

seam welding chassis

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
i have been reading up on chassis stiffening and seam welding lately and was wondering if anyone else has done this to their VS or any other commodore for that matter..
i assume it would make quite a bit of difference as whenever i go over speed humps or up a driveway i get squeeks and rattles from all over the place and id say that having a sunroof doesnt help as it would take away alot of the strength in the roof....
so has anyone attempted to do this? :)

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i dont think seam welding would affect the sqeaks and rattles. its a VS, they live for squeaks and rattles.

you wont see many people do it to commodores, because of the cost of doing it and that if you really wanted a car that handled well, you probably wouldnt have bought a commodore anyway.

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
haha yea i guess you're right.. it would be fairly cheap for me as i am able to do it myself but it would be pretty time consuming.. i was just looking for pointers on where to weld and such...

[email protected] the quote in your sig "Elaborate, For All Of Us... How The Hell Is A Commodore A Friggin 4-Stroke...???" haha

thanks for your reply mate