Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seat belt question

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
I've had a problem with the drivers side seat belt since i got the car. When you pull the belt to do up you can hear it clicking and it will stop realing out and you have to back it off and slowly start pulling the belt out again to do it up. I researched the problem on JC and it seems that the real is on a slight angel because when i pull the belt straight out towards the floor there is no problem and it doesn't click it retracts perfectly as well.
My question is this. On the panel near the floor there is a hex head screw that needs to come out to take the panel off to get to the real. But is there any other screws or anything that need to come out because when i took the screw out i still couldn't remove the panel.

evilholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berli a ser 2
if you pop up the center covers off your scuff panel you will see more screw under that and as for the seat belt stoping if the seatbelt has been replaced before they might have have put a lhf seatbelt in ppl say that they r the same but they are not trust me I work in a wrecking yard and they do not interchange

evilholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berli a ser 2
it is easier to take off the door seals but the scuff panel runs from the front to the rear of the car and has to be taken out in one peice