Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seat belt warning sounds and then indicators don't work.

piert

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Evoke VF 2015
Yesterday while driving the seat belt warning sounded and then the indicators would not work. I was the only one in the car (2015 secondhand VF). I got Lube Mobile out and they couldn't find anything wrong after a test drive, electronic scan etc. No problems driving today though. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Indicators probably are still flashing as the BCM makes the sound of the indicator click. The seat belt buckles have sensors/switches in them so probably sensed the seat belt didn't click correctly.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
The indicator sound comes out of the same speaker as the seat belt warning (pretty certain). This also happened in my VE, when the seat belt chime was going off I couldn't hear the indicator ticking but it was still flashing on the instrument cluster. So I suspect the same is with the VF.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The mylink plays the sound you hear and if there is an issue with the mylink or its swcan connection the sounds will stop for the indicators, reverse beeps etc

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Mine has done it a few times during the school drop off. Goes back to working the next time the car is started so I've just shrugged it off as a glitch.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Indicators probably are still flashing as the BCM makes the sound of the indicator click. The seat belt buckles have sensors/switches in them so probably sensed the seat belt didn't click correctly.
Indicators definitely still flash. I got out and checked the first time it happened.