Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seat harness for off road use.

JACKO4590

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VX SS
Ok first off. It’s a burnout car and can’t be put back on the road.

So I will start with the seat belts in the car atm are frayed and stiff to pull out. ive got a parts car that has a pair in them that I can use but the effort of me pulling them out and putting in my burnout car makes me think maybe an upgrade is worth it.

So I just want to know a few things before ordering one. Do I have to have a half roll cage to use these seat harness and if not then can I use the parcel shelf child seat holes and bolts or will I have to put them with the seat belts on the back seat. What would be the better option. Didn’t overly want to remove the rear seat so I can have people in there for track day but if I can’t have people in back seat with the harness then back seat will go and I’ll bolt them to the seat belt positions.

Secondly. And this part I can’t find a good instruction on. The side bolts. Where do these go? I’d assume the door side would go into the bottom bolt hole from the factory seat bolt but the centre of the car side, do I have to drill anything or maybe use the bolt hole from the seat belt clip.

Any insight will be good as to if it’s worth it comfy wise and easy to do.