Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seat memory problem

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Hi All,

Went to reset the seat position via the buttons on the side of the seat only to find that nothing happened. No movement what so ever.

So I changed the position a few times, set a few different ones in memory. But none will reset.

Tried using the other key. The side mirrors moved as appropriate, but the seat didn't.

Car is 4 years old (07 Caprice), so no warranty.

Would anyone have any ideas on what's gone wrong, or how to fix?

thanks

Russell

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
Hey Man,
Are you holding the button in or are you pressing it each time? I find with mine that I have to press the button each time to move it if it is changed untill it stoped, where as if i hold the button in it doesn't work.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Thanks for the tip.

I tried holding the button in, but to no avail....

paul82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Hi All,

Went to reset the seat position via the buttons on the side of the seat only to find that nothing happened. No movement what so ever.

So I changed the position a few times, set a few different ones in memory. But none will reset.

Tried using the other key. The side mirrors moved as appropriate, but the seat didn't.

Car is 4 years old (07 Caprice), so no warranty.

Would anyone have any ideas on what's gone wrong, or how to fix?

thanks

Russell
Russell did you end up finding out what the issue was? My 2008 VE Calais V has just started the same issue.

Any help would be appreciate.

Paul.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Paul,

Still have the car. Left everything over night and it all started working again on its' own.....
It's had a few other electrical gremlins where I've disconnected the battery overnight and that seems to fix things. Give that a go and see what happens.
I think I've changed the keys in the fobs once (in nearly ten years).