Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

seatbelt buzzer on VY Berlina.....

V

VYBERL71

Hi all,

first time poster- got a stocker VY Berlina (family man.....), but have owned some nice Holdens, including VL Turbo, and 350 HQ GTS coupe.
My question is about the damn seatbelt buzzer on my VY- is there any way to stop this thing?? I'm no disobeyer of the law- I always wear the seatbelt, but i usually only put it on after about 20 metres in the car. I know, I know...it should be on before moving, etc, etc, but I seen nothign wrong with moving 20 metres whilst putting it on. This is with myself only in the car, and it is really starting to bug me........
Any suggestions on how to stop/cancel this buzzer...?

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
just dont go as fast...it only comes on over 20km/h or something...my car has no buzzer and i always wear a seatbelt...i think it shouldnt be something that you need to disable.

M

Marty's_SV6

Why would you not put your seatbelt on straight away, that is the first thing I personally do.
Anything could happen within the first 20 meters as most accidents occur close to home.

It is also a safety device and should not be tampered with.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
a good devise would be that the the car cant be started until the seat belt is pluged in to complete a circet, it would save many lives and would stop the "ignoing" buzzer going off.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
VL Berlina 5speed said:
a good devise would be that the the car cant be started until the seat belt is pluged in to complete a circet, it would save many lives and would stop the "ignoing" buzzer going off.
then you'd just get people clipping it in and sitting infront of it......:p

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
yah i thought of that when i posted that, was just waiting for someone to pic up on it,
but it would mostly be more uncomfy to sit over the belt and the ppl would just eventuly deside on putting the belt on properly as its more comfy and safe, and takes the same amount of time to do, as in comparison to sit down and strapping in

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
slack, in a hurry, nothing else i can say, (not flaming u VYBERL71 hear)
but when i get in mine i turn the pumps on and by the time its primed i would of got my belt on and shut the door, then start and im off

just rember the tv ad " NO TRIP IS TO SHORT" int ath 20mtrs or soo u could have a problem and get unstuck, its not how u dive that u got to think of its how everyone around you drives as its the fool on the other side of the road not paying attention that will hit you.

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
I would like to see it only come on when the transmission is put in to drive. I go in to the shed and start the car, pop the boot, put the lunch and the work boots in and all you hear is BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, get in , reverse out, get out to shut the shed, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, get back in, belt on and off I go. Pretty anoying, in drive though it woul be good if you forget to slip your belt on, not that I do.
Cheers
Dan