Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seats to high in Clubby

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
Hey guys...

I finally pick up my clubby on wednesday, but the only problem is that even though they are electric seats, even at its lowest, its still too high up for me and my legs touch the steering wheel.

Is there anyway I can get the seat to sit lower to the floor?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Take out the rails? :p

Must be tall to not fit... unless the power adjustment has less room... 6'5" very leggy and room to spare in the VS, although getting in and out can be a challenge at times :p

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
silly thought, how is the steering wheel adjusted?? maybe it is sitting too low and needs to be shifted higher ?

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
Slick6 said:
silly thought, how is the steering wheel adjusted?? maybe it is sitting too low and needs to be shifted higher ?

exactly what I was gunna say cos the same thing happened to Mike when we picked the SS up - smashed his knees on the steering wheel lol. simply adjusted the steering wheel and bobsyauncle :thumbsup:

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
hahah i feel ur pain......im 6'9 and i dont exactly have much room in my vt. but yeh i know wot u meen by the seat sits pretty high, compared to alot of other cars

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
bugger,, I'm 6'3 and heaps of space in my 's' .. I want to upgrade soon.. will have to keep that in mind when looking

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
The electric seats sit up way higher than the manual seats, I'm guessing to accomodate the motor. I know in my my manual seat VS I have to raise it halfway to get it to the lowest setting on the power seat WHII. I too would like mine a little bit lower but it can't be helped - it's something I've learnt to live with. Then again I'm only 5'11" so I haven't got much to complain about. Maybe you can get it slightly more accommodating by using the tilt adjustment?

Mark.