Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

second glove box?

william-940

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
he i was just wondering because i have no passenger air bag if there is enough room to put stuff. if so how do i get the thing that the airbag comes through off

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
From memory you wouldnt get a great deal of extra space. The airbag modual is rather small, it is true it takes up about the area of the 'panel' but it is narrow. At most you could put your phone in there, maybe a pack of smokes or something similar in size.

If you really want more space you can try installing 'drawers' under the seats but even that wont give you a great amount of room to be honest.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
youd probably fit a bag of weed in there but not much else.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you are seriously thinking of removing an air bag then I suggest that your car will no longer be legal and able to be registered and driven on roads.

Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
If you are seriously thinking of removing an air bag then I suggest that your car will no longer be legal and able to be registered and driven on roads.

Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

he did say above he had no passenger airbag hence the reason he wants to put objects in the empty space...

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
i agree too mate, it would also be a sick place to hide stuff.
i have no idea how much room is in the compartment but if it had enough room to even stash a bottle of something i would be laughing.
i just got back from pryamid rock festival in phillip island and i had to hide my drinks inside my rim of the spare tyre under my ute haha.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Dude you have a big ass tray that you can put stuff in!!
Also drug couriering is serious business. lol

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
the pannel on top of the dash pops off, may be usefull haha