Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security Code On Radio

T

troy5.7

Can anyone please help got my vr berlina back yesterday and the radio doesnt work it need a security code. I went to holden and they said the car is to old and they dont know what the code would be. Is there anyway of bypassing the code???

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
I think yougot a jerk.....see if there is any reference to where the car was bought and try them. Otherwise If you take the car to a holden dealer with the rego slpi they should be able to get it for you.

If not there are some very good radio technicians that can do it but I've never neede them because I normaly just get the codes from Holden for any customers cars.

Regards Guy.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If you don't do any good with the holden dealers (the excuse it too old is probably to get rid of you)
You can go through eurovox aust fill out a form and they will send it to you but they want some money.......but the dealer should do it for free.

G

Gregory

Holden can give the the code. When u plug in the Tech II u can get the radio security code thats how i got mine

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Yeah you get that when you disconnect the battery.. You should have the code int he manual. If not your all out of luck dude. Good Luck

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I went to Holden just the other day to get a code for my VSII Exec. Only took them a few minutes and didnt ask for money. There is a nation wide network for Holden dealers or services or something, and apparently they shut it down on weekends, so go in during the week. It shouldnt matter where you go cause presumably they would have the codes for every VIN that came with a coded unit standard. If they dont then theres other issues, but I reckon you just got a jerk.