Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security coded stereo - how do you enter the PIN?

W

w00wah

I have a 1989 Holden Calais, with a Holden Security Coded radio/cassette player, that is now 'dead' after a flat battery. I have the PIN to unlock the security anti-theft protection, but can't find how to actually key in the PIN - i.e. what combination of buttons do I need to push to make it accept the PIN?

Thanks.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'm not that familiar with the radio in the VN, but you should be able to use the radio preset buttons.

W

w00wah

Thanks, yes, but I want to know what button/s you have to push before (or hold down while) you enter the 4-digit PIN.

S

Sim

You'd probably need to give your local Holden dealer a quick buzz and find out. That's the only advice I could give you.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
just push buttons and work it out, if the worst happens just buy a new one. hopefully it is the stanard pin 1234.

cheers

scott

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I thought you just keyed it in automatically. If its turned on when you reconnect it all up thats the first thing it should be expecting.