Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security Coded VX CD Player

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I thought that in the engineers mode you could see the default pin for the original stereo?

I saw somewhere the Pn XXXX that shows up is the pin code for the original stereo. In my car it's not but my stereo could have been changed. Worth a try.

the radio pin is stored in the BCM, dealers can retrieve it with a tech2, provided it has been updated when if the unit was changed it will be correct.
the display in the cluster extended menu you mention is the part number of the cluster

goofball_9996

aint got **** to do
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
you can take the seriel number of the stero to holden and thay should be able to help you
or if the stero is stantard to the car take the vin number to holden and again thay will tell you with no problems

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Several years later these head units aren't worth the $25 that Holden used to charge. So they definitely aren't worth the $50 they want now.
Also add the value of all the contact details Holden want on top of that, so they can bombard us with phone, email and junk mail.

The designers of these things should put a use by date in the technology so it automatically unlocks after about 10 years, which is about the time these things become worth $50 in hardware, outweighed by more than that in $inconvenience$ and bad will to Holden

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
OK, so I said these head units aren't worth the $25 Holden used to charge (or the $30 that the manufacturer charges) but I just bought a $30 head unit with code supplied. Put it in and there it is. We now have a fully functional 16 year old radio and CD player.
o_O:rolleyes::confused:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I have a period 2002 vintage aftermarket unit in my VT, all it can do is play regular cds.

Now....if I had the stock cassette player (that it came with new) I could plu in an MP3 player whilst maintaining period appropriate appearance.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Now....if I had the stock cassette player (that it came with new) I could plu in an MP3 player whilst maintaining period appropriate appearance.

I have one of those and yes it does have the headphone jack.

I am disappointed that was removed from the Radio/CD combo.

The Radio/Cassette does not allow steering wheel control. If it did I probably would have retained it and used a cable to the phone.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I visited a mechanic who has a Tech2 (owns a Holden too)
He plugged in and no code listed or scanable in any Tech2 menu.

How does anyone get the code if the radio/cd has been swapped out and code lost?

I tried the 1111 test code and the CD plays and sounds like it works, but the radio doesn't make a sound. Tested antenna with another one and it works. Paying Audivox $30 for a questionable radio/cd seems like a risk.

Gilesy 22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SEDAN 02
I just rand the Holden costumer help line on ‭1800 033 349‬ and they where more than happy to supply me the code for free you just need to supply the Vin number and she asked me what transmission the car was I guess as some kind of security check also they can’t tell you the code over the phone they Send it to you in a text msg to easy