Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security Coded VX CD Player

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
Hi,

I'm going to be getting a new head unit soon, and I noticed that my security coded light flashes when I haven't turned the key. Will this get in the way of removing the stock head unit? If so, how do you reset the security code/enter the security code cause I have no clue what it is.

Thanks,
Chris.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
there should be a card in your owners manual with the security code and key codes ect on it.

If you cant find that card then you will need to pay holden for it.

You will need to give that code to the next person who gets the unit.

How to enter the code is also in the owners manual.

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
Hi Chrism

Yes whenever disconnecting the battery over a couple of minutes, the cd player/radio will flash the word code and wont operate until the 4 digit number has been inserted.
My VX was second hand when I bought it, it was owned by queensland police prior to me, they had the 4 digit code written inside the front cover of the owners manual, it wasnt labeled as such but first time I replaced the battery I was presented with code and when looking through the owners manual came across the 4 digit number tried it and it worked

heres what the owners manual says

Radio P.I.N. (Personal Identification Number)
Your PIN. must be entered if the battery is disconnected. The P.I.N. is shown on the
security card that was originally in the glovebox of the new car. Please keep the card in
a safe but accessible place (not in your car), as this safety feature is provided as a theft
deterrent.
To enter the P.l.N.:
• turn ignition to accessories and turn radio on (“1” or “CdE 1” appears),
• press the radio buttons in your P.I.N. order,
• the radio will shortly begin to play.
If an incorrect P.I.N. is entered the number “2” or “CdE 2” appears on the display.
Following three incorrect P.l.N.s the display shows” - - - “, and the radio must remain
connected to power for approx. one hour before the correct P.I.N. can be entered.
Therefore, if your car repair requires battery disconnection you may wish to provide the
servicing dealer with your PIN.
If the P.I.N. number is lost, contact your Holden Dealer. He will require proof of
ownership and the Vehicle Identification Number shown on the inside front cover of this
handbook. There may be a nominal charge for this service.

Regards Chris

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
that light wont affect the installation of an aftermarket head unit. just take out the old an in with the new.

and you might want to find out the security code before you take it out, in case you decide to sell it afterwards or return it when you sell the car.

i came across this problem with my VX after disconnecting the battery for some reason. i called a holden dealer and they asked i come in with the car and proof of ownership ie. rego paper, and they were asking $25 for the code. luckily, i still had the previous owners number and called him. he still had the little security info card and told me the number over the phone. then i picked up the card some time later.

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
yes you can remove stereo with code set. there will always be a security code on that head unit. thats its security feature.

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
So I am able to remove the stock headunit with the security code set?

Yeah dude you are. The security code light is only flashing as a deterrant to would-be theives letting them know they will not be able to use it in another vehicle without the code.

So basically, if you are going to install an aftermarket headunit and throw your old one away, you will NOT need that code. The only reason you would need it was if you wanted to sell it to someone for them to put in their car. You can get it but Holden will charge you a fortune to do it, so wouldn't be worth it i'd reckon.

Hope that helps

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I thought that in the engineers mode you could see the default pin for the original stereo?

I saw somewhere the Pn XXXX that shows up is the pin code for the original stereo. In my car it's not but my stereo could have been changed. Worth a try.