Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security on your Vr-Vs, what have you got

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
i work a super cheap auto on weekends and i saw a bloke do that and it was crazy, worked a treat though

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
over insurance is your friend i pray if somone steals my car that they burn it it would be doing me a personal favour

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
I have the horn hooked up interior light and the bonnet so if any of the doors are opened it goes off or the bonnet the boot is the soft spot so they will have to get past my angry dog first and i only feed the dog every 3rd day so i'd imagine it would get them first before they got into the boot. Factory imobilizer and Insurance also help me sleep at night. Kill switch is next then a gun licence.

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
dr feelgood feed your dog a bit more,how would you like to eat once evey 3 days.you sound like an arse.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ive got a top of the range viper system in my vs, it has constant comunication between the remote and the car so as soon as anything happens i get paged and the led window shows whats been touched (door, window,etc..).

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
hmm killswitch is sounding tho go.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
My car has a cloaking device, runs 24/7, to honest people. it looks like a "little worse for wear" commodore, to idiots, theives and ford owners, its nothing more than rancid feaces on wheels, something no one wants to touch ^_^

i like the fact i can breathe easy knowing bulma isnt ~Worth~ stealing / damaging etc

-edit-

what if the alarm was a recording of some chick screaming her chest off for help, surely one or two people would atleast look..

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Mine has an alarm/immobiliser, not sure what brand it is as it was installed when the car was new.

The alarm senses sound and movement. One night i kicked the tyre (very very lightly) and the alarm went off .... 3am in the middle of a townhouse complex. oops! Also has sensors for doors/bonnet/boot as most do.

Only pain is that it beeps when I lock/unlock, and there is no option to have it silent. I had a 'black widow' alarm on my VP which was pretty good.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
evil_monkey said:
over insurance is your friend i pray if somone steals my car that they burn it it would be doing me a personal favour

Haha, my dad leaves his VT SS on the street every night unlocked and with the windows down preying someone will take it.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
they'd be more likely to just damage and take sh*t than bother to try and steal the whole car in your neck of the woods kingdiamond.tell your dad to go park it in san remo or something and it'll be gone in no time, lol.