Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

securtiy thing...n e 1 no

Cootie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
hey i have some security thing in my series 1 VP exec. its postitioned below the top braket for the front passengers door, and u use a key 2 turn it on or off, and wen its on u go 2 start it but it wont...and on the dash it flashes press remote..this is wat i want 2 no...want remote??? i neva got 1 with my car...i dont have it turned on i just wanna no where i get this remote from?

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
I recently replaced my remote and override key. $110 for the remote from holden, $22 for the override key. It's the factory immobiliser. Quite effective really.

Cootie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
ok kool, yeh i was playin around with it at work, i set it on n walked in n im like omg my cars not workin, come have a look it was classic...but yeh ill have 2 invest in this remote...do u have 2 change n e thing wen u get a new remote or does the remote come coded for ur security thing??

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
I went to holden with my pink slips and VIN number, they printed up my security info (as the loser previous owner lost everything), organized the remote and gave me the code for the override key. The remote came a few days later, I turned the system on, pressed the remote and it worked.

So in short, yes, it is coded for your car. All you need to do is turn it on.