Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seek SENS?

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Hey everyone,

I just had the battery replaced in my VE ute. After it was replaced I had to reset the time, date, ect.
That was all fine, but I noticed there's a new setting on my menu! I have no idea what it is or what it does,
I just know it wasn't there before. It's labelled as Seek SENS. It has three settings, auto, lo and DX.
Is it supposed to be parking sensors or something? Does anyone have any idea what it is? Or, what it does?

It's a MY10 SV6 SIDI Ute(Series one)

Thanks

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Sounds like a setting for the radio sensitivity. When you autotune, (ie search for the next channel), if there are a lot of channels available or the conditions are right to pick up really weak channels, you'll end up sorting through 50 radio channels, half of which will be really weak signal and not worth listening to. On the other hand, if you live in a rural area, you'll want to pick up as many channels you can. LO= local, ie it will pick up strong channels only, DX + distant, which will pick up weaker channels as well. I'm guessing, but auto will probably search through them all, and only display the strongest of them.