Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seeking a knowledgeable Auto Electrician

DIY Enthusiast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 98
As the title says i am Seeking a knowledgeable Auto Electrician to install my power windows for my VT Executive 98.

I have almost all the parts for the install.

- 4 x Regulators
- 4 x VT Series 1 Door Looms
- 1 x Main Switch
- 2 x Rear Switches
- 4 x Power window door trim

The thing i am struggling with is the wiring.

I had thought i may be able too manage the install myself but after looking into it and realising my VT does not have the contact points in the Fuse panel for the power window relay, that my BCM is Low, and i have no plug for the main switch meaning i don't have the pre-installed wires from the factory :(

I am in the Geelong/Melbourne area and so far have been knocked back by a few Auto sparkys here as they honestly couldn't be bothered or were just confused.

I am happy to pay for good work and knowing that they are good with such installs, although i only have around $400 for the work because i spent a fair bit on the parts already.

If anyone knows someone or has a friend who has done the install before and knows what they are doing let me know, would be greatly appreciated.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
you won't find a qualified autoelec interested in doing the work
probably looking at a days work at around $80 an hour

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Forget the BCM, hook it up to constant + and - so your windows work no matter what your ignition key is doing. Power with a fuse in line goes to main switch then to each door.

I've never done this, but I've done central locking, same thing! Have a search around here, there's 80,000 of us geniuses on here, heaps of people would've done this before!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Easy over a days work.

DIY Enthusiast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 98
I don't think i'd even manage to be able to do that, i'll call a few more Auto sparkys tomorrow and see if i can get it done for $400.