Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seized Brake Caliper Ve sv6 commodore 2010 model

HedgemasterMatty

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 holden VE commodore sv6 ute
Hi everyone,
I recently got my brakes fixed by a tyre shop that does brake repair. After replacing the discs and pads I found d the brakes were sticking. Returned it to shop and they now tell.me my brake calipers have seized. How can I rectify this issue??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Need to remove the caliper, dismantle clean and replace the seals if the pistons have become corroded on the hardened surface they will need replacing as well.

HedgemasterMatty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Need to remove the caliper, dismantle clean and replace the seals if the pistons have become corroded on the hardened surface they will need replacing as well.
Thanks mate,
Wish I knew how to dismantle the calipers. Calipers were fine before Tyrepower did the brake repair.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks mate,
Wish I knew how to dismantle the calipers. Calipers were fine before Tyrepower did the brake repair.

I just rebuilt my rears. It's fairly straight forward just need basic tools and a compressor.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
undo the 12mm bolts they screw into the slide pins and hang the caliper with a bit of wire to the spring , twist the slide pins that will tell you if there seized
and another thing ve pads have inner piston side and outer these have two protrusions in the aches of the caliper

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
undo the 12mm bolts they screw into the slide pins and hang the caliper with a bit of wire to the spring , twist the slide pins that will tell you if there seized
and another thing ve pads have inner piston side and outer these have two protrusions in the aches of the caliper

Mech should have done this when replacing the pads and rotors. Surely they didn't just wack pads in and not grease and inspect the calipers. Although they should have really picked up on the sticky pistons if they were a problem when they did the repairs.

HedgemasterMatty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mech should have done this when replacing the pads and rotors. Surely they didn't just wack pads in and not grease and inspect the calipers. Although they should have really picked up on the sticky pistons if they were a problem when they did the repairs.
I noticed the front right was stinking after use of car, days after repair. Took it back and after 1 hour on the host they told me ute was not driveable and wanted a further $200/caliper to recondition. Wish they told me they were sticking before I drove it. May have damaged the new rotor

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Mech should have done this when replacing the pads and rotors. Surely they didn't just wack pads in and not grease and inspect the calipers. Although they should have really picked up on the sticky pistons if they were a problem when they did the repairs.[/QUOTE
you would think so, could be a lot of reason why he missed it

Last edited:

HedgemasterMatty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Buying a caliper kit tomorrow so hopefully this will fix the issues.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Stick, are you saying the slides never need greasing on the VE??