Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seized Engine - 2006 Holden Commodore Executive Sedan

andylee321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive Sedan
On Friday my 2006 VZ Commodore Executive Sedan started to sound like a diesel car. I took the car to a mechanic, and I was 90% sure the engine has seized, from the diagnosis I was 90% right and the engine has gone kaput, bang, boom!

My only option from here is to put a new engine in the car, and on-top of that there are other issues, e.g. Radiator, struts, fuel pump etc. With that being said, the repairs would cost more then what the vehicle is worth! So I will not be going down this path.

I would love to strip parts from the car and sell, however I don't have room to do so, well not for a few months. My only option is to either sell it to a wrecker, or sell it as is. Selling the car as is, what would be a reasonable price to sell for? The cars body / inside has its normal ware and tare for an older vehicle, e.g. stone chips on bumper, ware on driver seats, few minor scruff marks etc. But having a seized engine, I don't know what sort of price to put on the car, e.g. $1500? and have people work there way down?

Any thoughts?

Chenaho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim (Calais Mockup)
It's worth sh*t all now, it's an executive. I would try your luck by putting it up for $2k ONO.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
What caused it to seize if you don't mind me asking? You almost never hear of a modern computer-managed engine seizing and I thought a motor completely seizing up was something relegated to the past.

I'd be ripping the inlet manifold off, removing spark plugs and get a big socket on the crank pulley and trying to save myself $000s of dollars.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
First - if it is still running it hasn't seized. Simple as that.

Now, if the engine is fubar none the less, and the rest of the car sounds very tired as well, go get you can from a wrecker or put it on Gumtree and move on.