Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selecting Rims to Fit VH Wagon

RoChester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
You're mate doesn't know how to set them is the issue.

You turn the clutch packs around , change the clutch packs completely and some people leave some out , changing the stack height definitely wouldn't reccomend.

They're adjustable in the amount of lock application on throttle and on decel. A mate originally had his set up at 25% lock on Accel I laughed and said bring me it when it singles out and you've cooked a friction. You don't have enough power to let it lock that little without burning a clutch and take it drift prac. I think I ended up resetting it to 60% acceleration lock.

The 1.5 way has a slightly different engagement shape on it so on decell that it only see's half of the lock that is produced on accell.

So a 2 way with 60% lock is 60% lock on accell and decell. A 1.5 way is 60% on accell , 30% on decell.

You can set a 2 way up to behave tamer then a 1.5 way pending the situation.

I don't like them on the street due to the high level of maintenance required. If I don't plan on doing donuts I always machine and shim the cone type. If it's going to see some circle work or some actual drift prac I'd go a tru track , lokka or a Detroit locker. Lokka isn't to be confused with a spool , mini spool or cig locker. It's a brand of ratcheting locker .
That's exactly right mate, and how it was explained to me, I think there's still a lot of misunderstanding toward the Kaaz, I'm not building this thing to drift or win burnout comps so will work for my set up....

RoChester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Eh, just be aware that's basically a locked diff, particularly with Kaaz. Great for drifting but you might get sick of it on the street.

Didn't look at the Harrop TrueTrac or the torque lock WaveTrac style ones?
Not quite right mate there's a whole lot more to the out of the box race package.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I didn't want to put in a 9" so rebuilding an M75 to fit basically straight in with a couple of mods worked for me.
They're bolt in M78 centres. If your builder is reputable and thinks he can make a Kaaz work for you then there's no reason to not try it at least.

Last edited:

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Mate the way I went about it I picked out a well known Diff builder in Adelaide , he builds and supplies diff and parts all over the country, went and told him I'm building a 355 with about 450 hp going into a VH, it's mostly going to be cruising around but I'm gonna give it a gutfull occassionally and don't want it to break, he talked me through the Kaaz how it all works and that out of the box they are a race ready system, but when they're tuned back correctly clutches adjusted to suit they're 100% suited to what I'm building, and parts are easily accessible so it sounded like a good fit from what he described, I didn't want to put in a 9" so rebuilding an M75 to fit basically straight in with a couple of mods worked for me.
who did you end up using for diff ???