Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sell or not to Sell!?! VF 2 SS

Isaac Willett

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS VF Wagon
Current owner of a 2016 VF 2 SS Wagon. Pretty good condition and 120 XXX on the clock.
Not sure of a comparable price because it just seems like a lot for what they go for now!
Can't get over the cost of buying one of these compared to 2 or 3 years ago. 40% increase or something ridiculous.
Will this continue to go up over the next 5 years?

Any idea's what ceiling they might max out at?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Current owner of a 2016 VF 2 SS Wagon. Pretty good condition and 120 XXX on the clock.
Not sure of a comparable price because it just seems like a lot for what they go for now!
Can't get over the cost of buying one of these compared to 2 or 3 years ago. 40% increase or something ridiculous.
Will this continue to go up over the next 5 years?

Any idea's what ceiling they might max out at?

A crystal ball will tell you, because I doubt anyone would know...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's not isolated to Holdens, most low km brand name cars in good cond have gone up. Once the bubble bursts prices will stabilise. From my searches VFs have pretty much hit their peak. They are not selling for above new price, but are selling for about $4-$5k below new price. Which is pretty good considering they no longer have a warranty. There are people out there trying to ask outrageous prices but they don't sell, they just sit there because buyers are not stupid unlike some of the sellers.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
High used car prices in general (excluding the “Holden“ thing) are going to continue until the supply chains for microchips and other related components get back up to speed so new car supply can catch up with demand.

Take the new Toyota Landcruiser as an example. It now has a four year wait list to get one. That puts pressure back down onto the newer secondhand examples for people wanting to get into one.

The current situation is no different to the old USSR where a used Trabant was worth more than a new one because it didn’t come with a five year waiting list. I like how all it took was a minor pandemic to basically collapse the “capitalist” system to be the same as its “communist“ arch enemy!

nodcreb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Commodore SSV Redline
Keep your car if it doesn't give you headaches.