Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Sell or Swap 94 VR and 96 VS for later model commodore

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Thanks Social, and Social is right i'm not willing to move on the price.
Ok Pro's with this car,
SSL Kings all round,
New brakes + rotors,
Engine rebuild with less than 99,xxx on it, in total only less than 200,xxx ever!
2 1/2 inch sports exhaust, very cool note!
New starter,
New high performance bosch Platnium plugs,
K&N high flow panel filter (New) includes all maintenance accessories!
Tires 85%
Brand new spare!

Things that need attention:-
Roof lining needs replacing as well as the rear quater interior plastics,
small rust spot under battery,
leak in rack but has been ok since putting stop leak through it.

This is a seriously awesome VR, and I would love to see this car make it to the road again, it'd be a shame to wreck it.

Other than that it'll pass road worthy fine, I make sure that it's always well kept i run it once a week to keep the battery healthy.
The interior is fantastic, Almost every interior dash and console light still works! All power options work as new!
$1200 and i'm throwing in a new clarion CD/Mp3 unit with it, and a lvl 3 dash (not attached) so yeah any serious takers would be welcome!

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Ok simple stuff really,
If your keen on the car, there's a few things you'll need to know in order to pass roadworthy, the roof lining needs to be replaced, and rear quater plastics are needing to be replaced also.
So if you say to me tomorrow yeah i'll take the car, i'll take care of getting those things and get all that sh1t sorted out.
Next would be to get someone to give it a road worthy. Eg the mobile saftey cert people from the goldcoast are awesome. they charge $90 to do one and will drive out to see your car.
The car has no plates. So I would suggest rip some off another car to get it where you want to go with out issue! or do it legally and get a day pass. And it's a little pricey from memory cause you need insurance on the car.

Basically the price of the car considers all that one would need to do in order to get her back on the road, as it can be a pricey deal!
I hope this helps! :thumbsup:

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
it's like i mentioned, i'll sort out those few things that need fixing at my own expense.
$1200 for the price of the car,
$90 for a RWC,
$xxx for insurance,
$xxx for rego and new plates.

As i won't know how much insurance or rego will cost you, it is something i am unable to calculate in the price.

As for ripping plates off another car.
It was a suggestion that if YOU have another car that is registered, I would take plates off it, place them on the VR in order for you to pick it up ONLY. After that i would take the plates back off it.
Reason i mention this is because if your keen on this car, you'll need to be able to pick it up with out getting it towed, or having to pay for a day pass.

Now you may incur other costs, depending on the kind of person the road worthy's your car, they may or may not over look things or what ever, but that's not to say that there's other things wrong. I mean just having it lowerd can be an issue with some people... but it's never had any issue's getting passed at any other time.
Hope this helps.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
yeah it's all good mate,

And as stated, the transmission in this car needs a very good service. Basically could do with new fluids, gaskets, and solenoids. But if it were me i wouldn't worry about that kinda major service for it. I would get a second hand one from the wreckers.
But if this car is something you want to invest a little cash, time and a few odd weekends, then this would be perfect for ya!
Good luck with ya mum too! ;)

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
yeah mate same car, I bought it put some dollars into it. The missus said enough is enough, now it's time to get rid of it. that's about the gist of what's going on.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
the Kicker subs and amp were not part of what i had purchased, althought the 6x9's are still installed.
The Tacho still works but i had a look at the odometer Cog and it's seized. So i had bought a lvl 3 Cluster with intention to install it but never got around to it...
Anyways, I need a yay or nay about this car. Cause i'll require a deposit before pick up. But of course if your wanting to wait to see it first that's also fine. But I need this info so i am not wasting time or money on getting parts and **** for it!
Thanks mate.
The dint in the bumper has been taken out.
The Dint in the left side rear quater is still there, but not as bad as pic makes it out to look... it can be popped out easily enough.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
ok due to circumstances out of my control, i really need the cash, and i need this car gone...
bascically it's being sold as is, nothing else inclusive with the original offer and it's now down to $900...
Seriously replies only plz